Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graduation.. Children and Grandchildren

Had a great time at Jodi's graduation..not...I have been through way too many graduations. They all are like setting in a room while someone continually draws names for prizes and you have to wait until they eventually draw your name...but you have to sit there until they draw everyone Else's name. This one wasn't too bad because Jack and Molly were almost perfect..except for when Jack said, "We going die here" and Molly giving me sad looks so she could get more happy pills that were really M&Ms.

I have been through 6 graduations of my own, gazillions of graduations (High schools, junior highs, middle schools and kindergartens) when I was a superintendent and several for Jodi and Cody. Please do not assume that I am not proud of both of our wonderful children. I know several parents who have been through some very difficult times with their children and I can only say, "Except for the grace of God, there go I". I have to admit that Jodi and Cody really didn't give us any problems. They were excellent kids and I am extremely proud of all that they have done. They have married some outstanding spouses and have had wonderful children. Jack, Molly, Max and baby fetus have already given Debbie and me nothing but pleasure.

So, Congrats go our to Master Jodi and Master Cody. I love you both with a love that you can only experience when you have your own children. I couldn't be prouder of you but my greatest pleasure has to be that you both are Christians. The longer I live the more I realize nothing can give lasting pleasure except through Christ and Christ alone. God has blessed me with a great wife, mother/Nana. God has blessed me with 4 outstanding kids. Debbie and I truly love you all.

Just remember kids, until you receive your doctorate, you have to listen to my advice. You know that you should always take the doctors advice! If you don't take my advice, you must admit that I am smarter..... by one degree! And one degree is as good as a thousand when you are counting degrees. Much like Molly when she counted each an every M&M (happy pill) until they were all eaten.

2 comments:

  1. Great post papa... very funny and very well written. Perhaps I see a glimmer of how that Phd fell into your lap inadvertently. I agree about the graduations, feels like they take longer than coursework. Don't forget though, that I was chastised for walking out of mine after getting my diploma... much to the chagrin of the responsible parties. See you in Pecos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the accolades. I love you v. v. much.

    ReplyDelete