Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sometimes Projects are Good!

Debbie looked for a long time to find another project (actually no time at all). We are in the process of tiling the back patio that has been expanded 2 times. We had to seal the crack between each of the expansions were poured before we laid the tile. Anyway we were working on it yesterday (Friday) when Chuck drove into the backyard in his 2006 Mazda Miata Convertible. Chuck is 72 and looks 82. I usually like to go to Walmart and Home Depot with him because they ask him if I am his son. Burns Chuck's butt when they ask. I had to drive him to Mesquite to buy the Miata on Monday. Took about 4 hours at the dealership and he was about to climb up the wall because he is more impatient that me. When we went down town Granbury with the top down, people were smiling and pointing at us. I thought it was neat until Chuck said that we looked like a couple "old gay farts"!

Looks like I won't be riding in his Miata (with the top down) in the near future. I will use the excuse that I am too busy laying tile on back patio....Thanks Deb.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe they just thought it was an old man taking his son out for a joyride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! And the tile job looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! The only thing more gay would be if you were riding around in a convertible volkswagon beetle! Just ask Cody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should have ridden around in it, with a blonde wig, and talked on your cell phone too!

    ReplyDelete